Wednesday 26 March 2014

Theological Interpretation. What is it?



If you travel in theological circles you may have come across some of the following books and authors:







This is just a small sample of the numerous books that have appeared in the last few years that talk about 'Theological Interpretation of Scripture/The Bible', other titles out there opt for Theological Hermeneutics or Theological Commentary etc. A number of the books come from the good people at Baker Academic, though Continuum, Apollos and others are contributing. There is also a fairly new journal about theological interpretation. 'But what is Theological Interpretation of Scripture?' I hear you ask in that longing tone of yours. Well, I wasn't really sure either two years ago, so I decided that I would explore it for my MA dissertation. Over the coming days I will be uploading edited chunks of my dissertation for your information and entertainment.  Has the landscape changed since I wrote this paper back in Summer 2012? Undoubtedly. Do I have time to familiarise myself with developments and new literature? No. I'll just be late to the party.

No comments: