Friday 4 April 2014

Some DBH

http://www.firstthings.com/article/2007/12/christ-and-nothing

I can't help it. I do think David Bentley Hart is fantastic. I know there are all the DBH fanboys, especially in the apologetics arena, but I think he's more interesting when he's talking about heidegger and nietzsche and the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. The linked essay Christ and Nothing is about as good as it gets. I really recommend reading it in the eerdmans published collection of DBH essays 'In the Aftermath'. On a side note, First Things is a fantastic rag.

'This slave is the Father’s eternal Word, whom God has vindicated, and so ten thousand immemorial certainties are unveiled as lies: the first become last, the mighty are put down from their seats and the lowly exalted, the hungry are filled with good things while the rich are sent empty away. Nietzsche was quite right to be appalled.'

No comments: